Basin CrossFit – CrossFit
(5min) As a group, perform:
20 Back leg swings on right leg — only moving back, not forward
20 Back leg swings on left leg
20 Side leg swings on right leg — not across body, just out to the side
20 Side leg swings on left leg
20 Front leg swings on right leg
20 Front leg swings on left leg
10 Bridge ups — elevate feet to scale movement
10 Situp to pikes — feet forward together
10 Situp to pancake
10 Pole squats
(5min) Then with a light dumbbell, 10 or so reps of each:
Jami squat drill (no dumbbell)
Goblet squats — drive the plate in the air so you can see through the hole in the middle.
OH DB squats — work hard to maintain a decent position with the DB overhead in one hand.
DB crab walk — to finish off, with the dumbbell in your ‘groin area’, aim to get from one side of the gym to the other by moving in a crab walk. The dumbbell cannot fall. Burpee penalty if it does. 🙂
(5min) Review pushup movement standard and prep for pushups
10-15 Pushups — depending on your pushup ability, however many you can easily get unbroken.
5- 10 Triangle pushups — make a triangle shape with your hands and see how many pushups you can perform.
5-10 Pushups with an increase in difficulty. Some ideas are plate on back, deficit pushups (hands on plates), or to make hand placement closer.
8-10 Regular pushups
(5min) Perform pushup attempts:
* Perform up to 2 sets of test attempts (most people will probably only perform one set).
* Aim to have full recovery between each set, so rest about 3min before performing the second attempt.
* Do it in partners so you can keep each other accountable on movement standards and rep count.
(15min) Quick review and prep for back squat:
1 x 10 reps
3 x 5 reps
3 x 3 reps
* Start with empty barbell and add weight each round.
* Rest 90sec-2min between sets.
* The last set of 3 should be getting very close to where you want to start with your first set of 1.
* Some may take a few less or few more sets to get to your first working weight.